Our Story

Caffe Capri Italian Bar & Grille was established in 1996, however, the Quaranta family has been in the restaurant business in the Mahoning Valley for over 75 years. It all started when Joseph Quaranta opened The Hub Gardens on Hillman Street in Youngstown in 1939. When Joseph passed away in 1956, his son Ron Quaranta, Sr. took over the business.

In 1962, Ron, along with brothers Lee and Ed, opened the Cave Lounge on Market Street in Youngstown.

In 1968, Ronnie's Tavern opened on South Avenue in Youngstown.

In 1973, Ron opened the original Isle of Capri on Youngstown-Poland Road in Struthers. The restaurant remained at that location until 1985.